Back on schedule...

We started chemo again yesterday...which puts us back on the schedule of every day for 4 days...
then 4 weeks off....which once again avoids the holiday! Starting back up again on the 27th....
This chemo treatment doesn't have a lot of side effects...which is great...and it does seem to be making
a difference in the size of the neck tumors....the blood work is "good" according to the Doctors...I have
finally figured out what "good" means.....it means it has not taken a turn for the worse!! Because the results
are the same week after week....low white counts....low red counts...and high large cell cancer counts....
It has taken me quite a long time to finally realize that is what they mean by "good"...it always confused me
as I was not seeing anything change...so guess what....when Michael was listening to the radio with his head
set on I finally asked for the explanation....(remember he doesn't want to know to much)
I am feeling better...it took a bit...but as normal as I can get right now...still making those gifts that I started
out with a bang making....but now it has come to more of a whimper!! (LOL)  I know everyone knows that
feeling...the excitement of something new....then suddenly it becomes something "old" and that magic falls off...
We play that game in a lot of areas of our lives...take things for granted that they will always be there...or we don't honor what it is that we have as totally special....We all need to do that....be aware of what is around us
every day...and marvel at the uniqueness of it...be grateful that we have it in our life...and let people know how
much they mean to us...
I am going to take the time to do that today....I am going to take the time to bring some of the magic front and center...and be thankful for all that I have....
BE WELL....

1 comment:

Joani said...

2 days down & 1 day to go after today. Hopefully he will be feeling better by Christmastime since it will be a ways from this chemo. So glad U R feeling better. I try to give thanks everyday for the things I do have...somewhat good health, roof over my head to stay out of the cold, heater that works....etc., etc. God bless U & yours. Prayers.