Latest..

This latest round of chemo is now completed....The results of course are never quite known...There will be several more rounds of this drug...4 days of chemo with 3 weeks off in between....blood work will have to be done every week to make sure the levels are good...The side effects were minimal which is great...he has been very lucky with side effects...never getting very many from any of the drugs he has had...
This round of chemo is what they call a "salvage" chemo....which means that he has not had improvement with the chemo that generally helps the type of cancer that he has....and our Doctors had hoped that his PR (partial remission) would of lasted much longer than the 6 months that we had without to many signs of progression.
Now we start making way for Halloween and then Thanksgiving....looking forward...enjoying each day as it comes our way...
As for me....well...I am trying to work on Christmas gift giving projects...There are 16 staff members in the office that I am making things for...and then there are the Doctors (which I don't know what I will do for them yet)...YES...it does seem to early to think about things like this, but when you are making things you just sort of have to!! LOL
BE WELL..

2 comments:

Joani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joani said...

Happy Halloween...I think!
So glad to hear this round is over & doing well. I would like to comment on the gifts for docs....they get so much at this time of year....and, staff is just as important....might think of something for docs and staff...food comes & goes but is enjoyed by everyone. I still have a clock that a patient made for me many many years ago...he was a cancer patient. Much luv