Another week down....

I have been actively working on the yard....and happily doing so! Today, the workmen are coming to trim all the bushes and make way for 2 new garden areas....it is very exciting to me! Something about planting gives way to life....allows for the growth and nurturing one must do every day....
I have been UP and DOWN a million times over the past month....a roller coaster ride of sorts...trying to make decisions without enough information...or with to much information....Today, I am listening to my heart....Today....I follow it...weighing decisions brings about confusion and I can never make a decision when I am in the middle of confusion! LOL....who can? So I push aside confusion....I push aside guilt...I push aside right or wrong....I push aside the uncontrollable...and go straight to the core....
I am taking time off from here....from illness....
Sometimes a girl has to do.....what a girl has to do!
The week of the 15th starts a whole new series of tests... So, for now....I will relax just a little!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pattie, I am happy for and proud of you for knowing that you need to take care of you before you care take care of anyone else. good Girl!

LindaB

Pat Dalke said...

Dear Pattie:

I just came across a quote I made a copy of one day last December when I was going to other's blogs. This happened to be on a blog by Karen Michael. It spoke to me at the time and I thought you may like to read it:

"When you have come to the edge
Of all the light you have
And step into the darkness
Of the unknown
Believe that one of the two
Will happen to you
Either you'll find something solid
To stand on
Or you'll be taught to fly."

Last night I went to Borders and sat and browsed through several books of poems by Rumi. I ended up buying one for me and one for a friend. It gave me a sense of connection to the universe to hear words that were written by a man that lived from 1207-1273 in a part of the world now known as Afghanistan and spoke so directly to me.

Taking time to dig in the dirt or listen to ancient voices are a way of restoring and recovering.

Journal Swag said...

And "its what a girl needs!" as the song says!

Hugs,
Sheila