Time doesn't matter....

Last night I had the great pleasure of visiting with a friend from High School....A wonderful woman who I have not seen in perhaps 39 years...(she moved back to her native Greece in 1974)
But time does not matter....
we laughed...we talked...we hugged...we kissed...we connected on levels that were past and present...It was an awakening of the heart...
Life sometimes gets in the way of simple pleasures...we pass over going out for staying in...we pass over bringing people into our private space out of fear...out of time...we pass over the things that perhaps are heart awakening for the routine of our day...we get stuck sometimes in the rut of doing things exactly as we have and forget to put our selves out there...
This reunion of friendship will now become part of my getting out....connecting with others to better myself...to see myself more clearly...to allow myself time to be the girl I once was and the woman I am now...
Yes...this reunion was an awakening of my heart....and my heart sings today because of it...
May you awaken your heart in some small way today!

2 comments:

Merry ME said...

An awakening of the heart - that's beautiful. Thank you.

June Ingram said...

Awesome.. True friends stand the gift of TIME.. forever there