PRICELESS!

We decided to take a road trip to visit with friends in Baltimore....I have known the hubby...for some 50 years or so....we were in grammar school together and grew up in the same neighborhood!
And when he married....Some 39 years ago I became friends with his wife....SO very DEAR FRIENDS....We have not been able to get together for the last couple years...with what has been going on here...and things going on there....So we got into the new Kia...(to break it in!) A 6 hour drive...playing 60's music all the way....singing and laughing....arriving safely and having a wonderful time....so many laughs....so many moments shared....IT WAS FABULOUS! They listen...they care...I listen ..I care....their children are my children...there grandchildren are my grandchildren....Life is SO GOOD when we are all together....It was a wonderful time...bringing me back to my roots...bringing me back to my importance....bringing me back to what I need to focus on....
Friends that do that for you...are very very dear friends indeed! PRICELESS!

1 comment:

Pat Dalke said...

Dear Pattie:

Best medicine I know.

Ray and I have just returned from Vermont where we spent a week laughing with very old friends, it felt so good.

We'd be playing 50's music, isn't it great to be able to sing along to music. I think that's something that younger people have not experienced, gathering around the piano and belting out words that we could understand.

Opps, my age is showing.