"let me kiss it and it will feel better"

This is the very first lesson I can remember learning about the power of how love can heal. Falling down and scraping a knee which would then receive a band-aid and a kiss to make it feel better..And you know I think I actually believed that it did...at least it always stopped the tears from flowing....A simple act of love...nothing that a Doctor did...nothing that was a medicine or treatment of sorts...just a very simple act of love.....Most of us have a deep desire to make a difference in someones life.....and we are all given the opportunity to do that daily....By giving of your time...your words...a card....a meal...listening... we are able to focus on the needs and concerns of someone else.....By doing this with an open heart it produces a bond...a connection....and what you walk away with is even a greater gift....You find that you are also giving to yourself....We can all see opportunities ...small ones to large ones....we can hold open a door for someone....let that person cut in line who only has one item to purchase....be kinder to our parents...our children...our loved ones by just telling them that we appreciate them in our lives...connect with others and there is a value for both the giver and the receiver....Mother Teresa once said..."few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love."...Today, as I am going about my day....my eyes are open....and I am going to extend myself .... giving more in order to receive more....unconditionally...from the heart...with no strings attached.

1 comment:

June Ingram said...

Thanks for words of encouragement today