How "normal" is "normal"?

(easter 2009)

Today, I went to Easter brunch at my Nieces' house...a "normal" thing that we do for every holiday...brunch...but it was not normal today...it was really the first family gathering that Michael was not attending...Some 20 years ago, my sister made Michael an Easter tie...he wore it every year...so, this morning I found a white shirt that I could wear the tie with...I thought it would help make things a little "normal"...but it just made me sadder...I went through the motions of being there...curled up in the arms of my wonderful son...but all I really wanted to do was come home....

So just how normal is normal???

Gently I hold myself...softly...knowing that it does not have to happen today...not even tomorrow...and it may very well take a very long time for me to find my "normal" and I have no idea what that might be...

So for today...I am as normal as normal can be at the moment...

BE WELL...

3 comments:

Merry ME said...

Somewhere I read of a "new" normal.
I guess we each have to find our new normal. I love that your wore Michael's tie and completely understand why you couldn't wait to get home.

Bless you and continuation of your journey.

terri st. cloud said...

mmmmm...the tie.......i can see how mixed that would be. my gosh.
normal's gonna take a little while, i would think......

Joani said...

Normal....whatever you are in at the moment would be normal to me. Bless you in your journey forward. Thanks for sharing. Prayers & hugs. Love.