I give you this
thought to keep..
I am with you still...
I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds
that blow,
I am the diamond glints
on snow,
I am the sunlight on
ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the
morning's hush,
I am the swift, uplifting
rush of quiet birds in
circled flight.
I am the soft stars that
shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone...
I am with you still
in each new dawn.

Michael passed away peacefully on Thursday, April 15, 2011 at 1:35 A.M. After a courageous battle with Lymphoma.

BE WELL

6 comments:

Merry ME said...

My heart told me it had happened before I read this post. I am saddened by and so very sorry for your loss. I am grateful beyond measure for sharing your love story. Though the journey was a long one and a tough one you handled each step with grace and courage. It will be hard but I encourage you to rest now and let others take care of you.

May the God of your understanding grant Michael eternal rest and peace.

Deb from Denver said...

My heartfelt sympathy to you, you have both touched many lives. I hope your many wonderful memories of Michael bring peace and comfort to your heart.

Holding you close to my heart and in my prayers.

Joani said...

I am so sorry. He will be missed. My prayers and hugs for you. Please take care of yourself and give yourself some time.

terri st. cloud said...

pattie.......i'm so sorry.
what a journey it's been for both of you. my prayers are with you......

queen mum said...

Pattie, the beautifully expressed thoughts in the poem you posted will serve you well in the days, weeks, months and years to come.
Trust me, my dear friend.

Diane said...

I am so very glad that this is over for both of you. I know you will have some rough times ahead, but I hope they are tempered by the fact that your husband is no longer in pain.

Thank you so much for unflinchingly sharing your journey.

Blessings,
Diane