Rough day...

It took a great deal of energy to get Michael up the 13 stairs to the bathroom to take a bath...I had the water
ready, (he cannot take a shower because of the pick line) anyhow...once upstairs we got him into the tub...
washed and then it dawned on me....I have to get him out of the tub...He has little strength in his legs...so we
waited till the water was drained and then it took some maneuvering but we got him standing...then one leg at
a time over the edge of the tub...dressed and then we had to get down the 13 stairs...well...I will say without
contradiction....that is the last bath....we will now be doing washings in the kitchen on a chair by the sink...
I can't do that anymore....I do not have the strength...what if he falls down the stairs????  He has already fallen in the kitchen...and now once in the powder room....his legs just give out....I have a walker coming tomorrow so I am hoping that will help....

Would I recommend dying at home to anyone???????   NO!  This is very difficult on the caregiver...they play
a role of being responsible for the patient instead of being able to just be loving with them...Maybe if he was
bedridden and in a hospital bed that would be different....but he has many moments of being right here...open
loving and humorous...other moments...he is far far away....

Today...I received the warmth of a blanket to wrap myself up in when I am feeling the need for a huge hug...
THANK YOU MARY!  You saved me today!  And thank you to ALL who have sent cards and loving wishes they have touched my heart...
BE WELL

2 comments:

Merry ME said...

Wish I could hug you in person.
You're doing a great job in a tough situation.

Joani said...

YES, U R doing a great job in a tough situation. Hospice or home health can't give U any assistance with these kind of things? Just put UR left hand on UR right shoulder and UR right hand on UR left shoulder & U will know that I'm giving U a hug. Love & prayers.