Somewhat Normal Day...

It has been difficult to live a "normal" life lately...So I decided to take matters into my own hands and do something about that! We use to watch our grandson on Fridays when my daughter went to work...we have been doing this for 3 years now...and he would sleep over night (our pj party!) every other weekend...that all ended in August...So today....the little one came for the day. The laughter...the joy...the sometimes trying moments of a 3 1/2 year old...the dancing..the singing...the book reading...all were present today...It was a somewhat normal Friday...Now, he does not understand that Papa can't give him airplane rides... or spend hours and hours playing and building and going to the park anymore...but he does understand that he can curl up in Papa's big chair and have a rest with him...That Papa has a big band aid and some tubes that the Doctor gave him for being a good boy...He asks politely..."Papa do you feel better now that you took your medicine" and Papa says YES I do...and he says..."I am so happy...now let's play" and off they go with flashlights in hand in search of monsters in the basement...Papa in his jammies and the little one in his Superman costume that cannot be torn off him since before Halloween. Yes...today, was somewhat of a normal day...and a good day. Now, I know that I cannot do this every Friday anymore...and probably less sleep overs than I would like to imagine...But today, I smile..the boys played and Moma smiled! It was a somewhat normal day!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Children have a very special gift when it comes to grandparents. They know just the right spot on the heart to touch... the spot that brings smiles and giggles.

Smiles and giggles to you!

Pat Dalke said...

Normal days are such a blessing. Children bring that. Did you ever think you'd cherish normalcy?

Thank you for sharing your daily diaries. I so hear your words.