Sick...

The last couple days I have been sick...running through the gamete of chills and fevers..and upset stomach and body aches....all the while still having to make meals and take care of things...Now, I know this is no strange task...I use to do this when I was a "mother"...heck, mothers aren't allowed to get sick...but in the past once the kids flew the nest I had the luxury of being sick and laying on the sofa all day...having someone else take care of me...getting me soup and ginger ale...fresh ice when needed....OH...how spoiled I was!! Things were taken care of and all I had to do was sleep and feel better...get my head rubbed!! Selfishly I longed for those days ....I am starting to feel better...and tomorrow I will have to get to all those things that have been left undone the past few days....As I did lay there on the sofa I longed for the "good old days" when just the flu was all I had to contend with...

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Oh, dear, I hope you get to feeling better soon. With so much on your plate right now I'm not surprised it's taking its toll. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. As I learned from you, sending out positive energy.

Hugs